February 9, 2010

Tune In Tuesday: Billie Holiday and Johnny Cash

In our lives we hunger for those we cannot touch
All the thoughts unuttered & all the feelings unexpressed
Play upon our hearts like the mist upon our breath
But, awoken by grief, our spirits speak






My heart is heavy today. I've experienced a loss that is difficult to deal with in many ways. Johnny Cash put my Hurt to music many years ago:




I encourage all villagers to take a moment today to reach out to someone that you haven't talked to in a long time ... someone that you feel needs to hear from you. Even if that person isn't receptive ... reach out again ... and again. Never stop trying to make a human connection. I've learned that you can regret the things you don't do as much as the things you do.

Rest in peace little sister.

2 comments:

PPR_Scribe said...

My thoughts are with you as you embrace this loss you have suffered. Take care of yourself.

Unknown said...

PPR_Scribe - Asante sana. We are taking it day-by-day at this point.