March 7, 2007

Interview with Kyra Hicks


I have shared information about my sister's blog and website in the past. The quilt shown above is one that she made back in 1995. Many villagers know that she recently published a wonderful children's book called, Martha Ann's Quilt for Queen Victoria. The book provides a true tale of strength and faith as a lesson for children.

Our Electronic Village drumbeat today is about an interview with Kyra posted by Irene Watson (AuthorsDen.com). There is a second interview conducted by Juanita Watson (Reader Views) with some interesting perspective on slavery and quilting.

You can see that I am proud of the work that my sister is doing with Black quilters. Now you can beat the drums for this sister ... my sister ... if you have time or inclination.

No comments: